Run Racist Run
- Can we sometimes assume a racist motive?Ì_åÇÌÎÌ_?
- Is there place for anger in dialogue on racism?Ì_åÇÌÎÌ_?
- Can liberals be racist?Ì_åÇÌÎÌ_?
- Should black people help white people understand racism?Ì_åÇÌÎÌ_?
- Is white wealth because of racism, or hard work and good genes?Ì_åÇÌÎÌ_?
- Should coloured people just call themselves black?
InRun Racist Run, Eusebius McKaiser explores the non-bloody aspects of contemporary South African racism. While vigorous public debates about racism rage on, McKaiser tackles questions about the true and complete nature of racism with the rigour and honesty we have come to expect from his writing.In a year when South African students have protested against colonialism's continued presence on university campuses, when acts of racism continue to erupt in social spaces, when brutal racism is witnessed in the United States and elsewhere, it's clear that we urgently need to journey into the heart of racism.McKaiser takes that journey in this new collection - raising new questions about race and racism, and offering original, provocative meditations on these themes.
Author Eusebius McKaiser